Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Rustic Peach Brown Betty

I was browsing some of my favorite food blogs last week and came across this recipe for Strawberry Brown Butter Betty on Smitten Kitchen. The idea of using flattened white bread (I used Pepperidge Farm Thin Slice) as the crust sounded easy enough to do on a hot summer evening.

Apparently, we are no longer in strawberry season in Arkansas, but I did manage some very yummy peaches. (Wild blackberries are everywhere, but they would never survive the ride home with a hungry cyclist.) Because I was now using peaches and was too lazy to peel them, I thought about The Minimalist's Stone Fruit Patchwork Bake.



Anyway, I combined the two recipes and got these rustic beauties. Steve and I had them with vanilla ice cream. Great end to a nice a weekend.


No comments:

Post a Comment