Thursday, October 7, 2010

Landscaping project part II

 With a trip to Pine Ridge Gardens in London, AR last Sunday, I am finished with the cement block planting project.  Here the planters are all lined up and full of life.


Next spring, the vines should fill out some more and I'll have some pretty blooms in red, pink, white and blue.

Mary Ann at Pine Ridge helped me pick out plants that would work well in this set-up.  Pine Ridge Gardens is a mail order nursery that specializes in native species.  She holds open houses at the garden in the fall and spring.  I highly recommend supporting Pine Ridge.

Here is what I ended up with:

Antennaria Plantaginfolia (Pussy Toes)
Decumaria Barbara (Climbing Hydrangea)


Dicentra Exima (Bleeding Heart)
Mitchella Repens (Partridgeberry)

Variegated Polemonium Reptans (Jacob's Ladder)

Polemonium Reptans (Jacob's Ladder)

Silene Virginica (Fire Pinks)

No comments:

Post a Comment